Saturday, March 22, 2008

Fat Apple's - El Cerrito : Meatloaf Sandwich.

While I don't typically rave about Fat Apple's, and I've been there a few times, both the one in Berkeley and El Cerrito, today is an exception. After a good morning of working a Kiwanis Project we were famished and decided to stop by FA for a quick bite. While I can't speak about anyone else's meal, I can say that the Meat Loaf Sandwich that I had was absolutely wonderful. Maybe I was just starving, but I suspect that even if I wasn't then I'd still be loving it. Served on a nice sweet roll for a bun, it came with a healthy serving of fresh red cabbage slaw, that was thankfully only lightly sauced and still crisp. The meatloaf was a healthy portion of two slices, that was decently made and seasoned but not too salty. But what I think MADE the sandwich was a housemade, BBQ sauce-compote that was just amazing. Hard to describe, but it had my taste buds craving more. Sweet, tangy, not quite smoky, but it just really enhanced the meatloaf. Tomatoes and a spear of dill pickle came on the side. A definite big thumbs up from me for this dish and I may come back later this week to get it again.

No comments: