Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thanks to a heads up on Chowhound regarding the cheesesteak at Gregoire, I ordered it today along with the cheddar cheese gratin and the pumpkin bread pudding, whipped cream.

It was all excellent. The cheesesteak was not overly cheesy, filled with a decent amount of meat, cheese and grilled onions served on a toasted baguette. I admit it got all over my hands but wasn't overly greasy. The Gratin is indeed good, though it took me a few bites for it to grow on me. Initially I thought the potatoes were a bit undercooked, but that actually helps when it's so perfectly thinly sliced and layered and it thankfully wasn't overpowered by cheese. A nice golden cheesy crust on top and just enough in between to make it stick. Lastly, the pumpkin bread pudding definitely satisfied my fall craving for all things pumpkin. I was at first expecting a more pudding consistency, but it turned out to be more like a very moist and soft banana bread consistency. It was wonderful, subtly spiced and was amazing with the fresh whipped cream. I licked the container clean.

No comments: