Wednesday, November 7, 2007

appetite update

so a couple things i've been noticing on the food scene...

i'm not the only one crazy about tacos...apparently there's a mini-taco-truck-tacos resurgence happening. it's the in thing to taco truck hop, particularly down my neck of the woods (International Blvd, ie the Taco Truck Corridor). I've seen people creating google maps of all the trucks in East Oakland (over 30 of them) with reviews of the standard al pastor, pollo, carne asada tacos and the more exotic fare...lengua, cabeza, tortas and burritos. who knew there were other people out there right now also searching for the greatest taco that cheap wallets can find. I must locate them and share in my knowledge!

anyways...in other foodie cravings and news...Gregoire...a local fine dining take out place with locations in Berkeley & Oakland has something I want. recently posted was a great review of a Philly cheese steak sandwich that is apparently the holy of holies as far as sandwiches go. It's a special thing since Gregoire changes their menu monthly and certain items will only show up during certain months of the year according of fresh ingredients availability. I'm planning on ordering mine tomorrow before it goes away once again.

lastly...i've been participating in a food forum that many know as chowhound.com. a great website for foodies everywhere...where foodies let other foodies know where to find the good stuff and which places to avoid. sort of like a foodies help-line and advice column. seriously, there are foodie nerds out there that put me to shame. one of the great things about the online community there is that they organize chowdowns...foodie gettogethers with fellow foodies to fully explore hot restaurants. And reviews of one of their last chowdowns has piqued my interest...and it's at a restaurant just down the street from my office! woot! so if anyone is interested in joining me in a foodie excursion to China Village on Solano Ave, please let me know.

No comments: